Indian ethnic wear comes with endless possibilities for styling. The most popular Indian clothing for women includes lehenga, saree, salwar kameez, gowns, and Kurtis. In general, the fashion industry has witnessed a drastic change in colors, sleeves, fabrics, etc., and at Kreeva, you will find outfits that resonate with these trends. However, with changes in the trends, styling becomes a challenge too. Traditional ethnic wear has made a smart comeback lately, thanks to the Bollywood industry styling the same profusely. In this blog, we shall decode styling tips and tricks to help you slay your Indian ethnic wear elegantly for every occasion.
Level Up Your Fashion Game: Styling Outfits For Every Occasion
Sarees are often considered typical traditional ethnic wear; however, the six-yard fabric is the best classic look one could ace. The saree is a novel silhouette and makes a great fashion statement. Depending on the occasion, there are multiple ways of styling a saree, some of which are:
- Wedding: As a wedding guest, always remember that you do not want to overpower the bridal outfit. To create an ensemble that draws every eye, choose a saree with embellishments and embroidery work done throughout the fabric. Pair it with a simple blouse and minimal accessories, and you are ready. For a summer outdoor wedding, you can pick pastel georgette sarees; the possibilities are endless for a winter wedding.
- Party: Nothing screams party as much as a sequin saree does. This saree is an absolute hit among Bollywood actresses and a statement piece in itself. Ranging from solid colors to ombre, we have it all. Pair the saree with a simple, sleeveless blouse and simple earrings; your look is complete.
- Festival: If you want an opportunity to unleash your desi bug, this is the one. Festivals are a great excuse if you are looking to style your authentic Indian sarees. You can drape a kanjeevaram or patola saree to create a graceful and elegant look. Style the outfit with beautiful temple jewelry to create an unmissable look.
2. Salwar kameez
A salwar kameez is a versatile women ethnic wear that may be dressed up or down depending on the situation. While there are many formal and casual clothing options, most Indian women prefer the salwar kurta since it is always appropriate. Here are simple styling suggestions for everyday salwar kameez using your inexpensive jewelry-box staples.
- Ceremonies: The salwar kameez is popular among most women due to its comfort and versatility. During ceremonies, ease of movement and comfort is quite essential. That’s when a salwar kameez comes into play. For instance, you can use a solid-colored georgette salwar kameez with an organza dupatta. The styling possibilities with a salwar kameez are infinite. Style your hair in a low, messy bun updo with simple makeup and a gorgeous pair of Jhumki to complete the look.
- Wedding: If you are attending the wedding of a far relative or friend, go for a gorgeous, embellished salwar kameez. With major upscaling in the world of designs and fabrics for salwar kameez, you can choose a salwar kameez ranging from mirror work, kalamkari, and Resham to sequins and stonework. The options are endless. However, remember that you want to stay moderate with your jewelry as it could create chaos with the designer salwar kameez.
- Casual: Comfort and salwar kameez go hand in hand. A casual salwar kameez is an excellent option for a casual outing like lunch or a day out with friends. You can pick a plain-colored cotton salwar kameez with spaghetti sleeves to create a laid-back and relaxed look. Avoid picking outfits with significant embellishments or embroidery work. Pair the ensemble with simple earrings or studs and joothis to complete the look.
3. Lehenga choli
Every girl wants to wear a lehenga choli to weddings or other formal events. With ethnic influences elegantly fusing with modern styles, there are numerous ways to dress a lehenga choli for various events; some methods include:
- Bridal: Lehenga choli is a staple among Indian brides-to-be. With growing popularity, this outfit has also earned its place in the top options among American brides. This designer ethnic outfit is well-known for its grace, intricate craftsmanship, and lovely hues, and it has won the hearts of brides-to-be worldwide. If you prefer a conventional styling path, pick a red or maroon lehenga with beautiful, intricate embroidery throughout the fabric. However, Bollywood trends have made pastel bridal lehengas a go-to option for modern and young brides.
- Sangeet: Sangeet is one of the most fun and lively events of a wedding ceremony. This day calls for dancing all day long to desi beats, which means you don’t just have to look stunning but also be comfortable. Irrespective of whether you are the bride or a guest attending the event, lehenga choli is your answer. Choose a lehenga with a good flare and flowy fabric that will not cling to your body to enable ease of movement. Avoid outfits with a lot of embellishments and heavy dupattas. Style the look with a statement necklace or earrings to balance the simplicity of the final look.
- Party: Choose a lehenga choli made of a material like chiffon, silk, or georgette. These textiles offer a touch of refinement to your outfit with their rich texture and lovely drape. Look for exceptional decorations like embroidery, sequins, or Zari work to make your dress stand out. Select hues that complement the party’s theme and complement your skin tone. For party lehenga cholis, vibrant colors like royal blue, deep maroon, or regal purple are popular.
Indian wear gowns, commonly called ethnic gowns, combine conventional aspects of India with modern Western styles. These dresses have grown in popularity because they are elegant and versatile, making them appropriate for various events.
- Festival: Choose a gown that features elaborate stitching or embellishments that highlight the skill and beauty of Indian fabrics. Gowns often have a traditional ethnic wear feel, thanks to embellishments like Zari work, mirror work, and thread embroidery. Choose a dupatta with ornate borders or embroidery if your gown includes one to make a statement. A regal touch can be added by wrapping the dupatta around the arms or one shoulder.
- Party: Think of the silhouette that accentuates your physique and suits your body type. As it produces a flattering and beautiful appearance, a fitted bodice with a flared or mermaid-style skirt is a popular choice for a party gown. Accept the use of striking colors that stand out at events. Rich jewel tones like royal blue or regal purple are excellent choices for a ball gown.
Indian traditional kurtis are well-liked and functional clothing items that have long been a mainstay in women’s closets. They can be worn for various occasions and are elegant and comfy. Some styling options are:
- Casual: Choose a cotton or linen Kurti of a bright hue or whimsical design for a relaxed and informal style. Wear the Kurti with fitted leggings or jeggings for a casual yet fashionable look. Finish the look with simple accessories like hoop earrings and a sling bag for a trendy and carefree appearance. Simple kurtis also make an excellent workwear option.
- Festivals: Choose exquisitely embroidered or mirror-worked kurtis with embellishments for a festive look. Consider wearing your Kurti with a flowing lehenga skirt or palazzo trousers for a more conventional and regal appearance. Accessorize with bold jewelry like jhumkas or chandbalis to increase the celebratory allure. Pair the outfit with heels or juttis with embellishments for a beautiful finishing touch.
Why Shop For Indian Ethnic Wear On Kreeva?
There are many reasons to shop for Indian ethnic wear online USA on Kreeva, making it a popular choice for those looking for the allure of traditional dress. Kreeva has a varied selection of Indian traditional ethnic wear, including sarees, salwar suits, lehengas, kurtis, and other items. Shoppers may find the ideal Indian outfit for any event because of the variety of patterns, hues, and materials available. To satisfy the constantly changing interests of its fashion-conscious clients, Kreeva ensures that its collection is updated regularly with the newest designs and styles. Customers from the USA may enjoy our carefully curated range of Indian cultural clothing thanks to our international shipping offer.
Finally, the world of Indian traditional ethnic wear is a veritable gold mine of grace, allure, and adaptability. Each traditional garment, from the time-honored saree to the regal lehenga, the stylish kurtas to the alluring gowns, carries a rich cultural past and tales of artistry. We have examined the Indian ethnic wear styles and their capacity to break down conventional fashion barriers throughout this article, making them ideal for most occasions. We can make every event a celebration of enduring tradition and eternal beauty by donning these entrancing costumes with grace and assurance.